Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship 2016-2017 For Master Students
Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) will be awarded to the talented Pakistani domicile holder students by Government College University Faisalabad, Pakistan (GCUF) admitted during the Fall semester 2016-2017 in the Master level/MS/M.Phil. study program.
The Government University Faisalabad started its journey in 1897 as a primary school in the present building of Govt. College for Women, Faisalabad, Pakistan. In 1905 Government College University was promoted to High School while Intermediate College in 1924 while the postgraduate disciplines were introduced in 1963. Government College University Faisalabad (GCUF) has emerged as a center of research and innovation. Government College University Faisalabad (GCUF) was granted the status of university in October 2002. Government College University Faisalabad (GCUF) offers degree in the following disciplines: Art & Social Sciences, Engineering, Islamic and Oriental Learning, Management and Administrative Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Science and Technology. GCUF has many campuses situated on different location such as Civil Line campus, Jang Road campus, Layyah campus and Sahiwal campus. GCUF has a very close liaison with industry and is known as a hub of social, cultural and educational activities.
Level of Study:
Scholarships will be awarded to the students enrolled in Masters level/MS/M.Phil study program (Art & Social Sciences, Engineering, Islamic and Oriental Learning, Management and Administrative Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Science and Technology) during the Fall semester 2016-2017.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are offered to the postgraduate students (Masters level/ MS /M.Phil) of Art & Social Sciences, Engineering, Islamic and Oriental Learning, Management and Administrative Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Science and Technology currently enrolled in any discipline during Fall semester 2016- 2017
- The applicant must be Pakistani Domicile holder.
- The applicant must have secured at least 60% marks (under annual system) in B.A/B.Sc/BBA(Hons)/BS (Hons) and B.Com(hons) held in 2014/2015/2016 (annual) in Punjab.
- The applicant must have secured minimum of 2.5 CGPA (in case of semester system) in B.A/B.Sc/BBA(Hons)/BS (Hons) and B.Com(hons) held in 2014/2015/2016 (annual) in Punjab.
- The students currently studying in MS/M.Phil. program who have passed BA/B.Sc./BSc (Hons)/BCS/BBA (Hons)/B.Com (Hons) 2014/2015/2016 (04 year program) are eligible to apply.
- The students who had already done their MA/M.SC Degree are not eligible for PEEF Master Level Scholarship.
- Students enrolled in morning/afternoon/evening/weekend regular program (where applicable) of Fall session are also eligible to apply for the PEEF- SSMS Master’s Level Scholarship.
- The declared monthly income of parents must be equal or less than Rs. 75000/- from all resources.
- At the time of application the age of the student should not exceed 28 years.
- The applicant must not be entitled in any other scholarship grant in the current academic year.
- The student must not be the beneficiary of Prime Minister Fee Reimbursement Scheme 2016-17.
- According to the schedule and venue which will be notified later the applicant in person must have to appear in front of Scholarship Awarding Committee.
How to Apply:
All the interested and needy students of the postgraduate studies (Masters level/ MS /M.Phil) in the field of Art & Social Sciences, Engineering, Islamic and Oriental Learning, Management and Administrative Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Science and Technology currently enrolled in any discipline during Fall semester 2016- 2017 who fulfil all the eligibility criteria which is mentioned above in detail are advised to apply on the prescribed application form. Application form is also available on the Photo stat shops or can be easily downloaded from university website (www.gcuf.edu.pk).
Attested Documents to be Attached:
Along with the application form the following attested documents must be attached:
- All the educational documents from Matric to onwards (HSSC, BA/B.SC/BS).
- The computerized salary slip of the serving personnel (Government/Semi-Government organization) while in case of Agriculture the income certificate duly signed by the Ilqa Tehsildar.
- Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC)/ Domicile Certificate of the applicant, father and mother.
- Death certificate of father in case of orphan student.
- All the utility bills (Electricity, Gas, Telephone and Water bills).
- If applicable the attested copy of rent agreement.
- The last and latest copies of fee receipt of applicant and his/her siblings i-e brothers and sisters.
- All the copies of Medical bills, related documents and expenditure incurred more than Rs.2000/P.M
- Proof of all the scholarships attained (if applicable)
- Three passport size photographs along with the statement of purpose.
The incomplete application forms, the forms with incomplete data and not supported by the required documents and received after the due date will not be entertained. For further information contact:
Assistant Registrar/In charge (SFAO)
Contact No. 041-9201301
The last date for the application is 16th December 2016.Apply Now