PhD Level Foreign Scholarships 2017 for Pakistani Students
The government of Punjab has announced scholarships for the Pakistani national students to study abroad. These scholarships will be awarded to the Pakistani students who want to pursue their PhD from the top universities of the World. The Govt. of the Punjab has launched “Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS)” under which under which Pakistani students will be awarded scholarships from time to time. These scholarships will be awarded to the talented and brilliant Pakistani students for their doctoral studies who want to pursue their PhD from the top ranked universities of the world. Both males and females are eligible for this scholarship award.
Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) is a very good initiative taken by the Govt. of Punjab. Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) will enable the students of Pakistan to study in the top ranked universities of the world and play their vital role in the development of Pakistan. The scholarship scheme focuses the talented and outstanding students of Punjab while there is also a special quota for the students of other federating units of Pakistan as well.
Geographical distribution of scholarships will be as follows:
- 90% scholarships will be awarded to the talented students of Punjab (Punjab Domicile holders).
- 10% scholarships quota will be reserved for the other federating units of Pakistan.
These scholarships awarded under Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS) are fully funded and will cover the following costs:
- This scholarship will cover the tuition fee of the Degree Course.
- The boarding and lodging of the student as per approved rates.
- Air fare will be provided to the successful students under Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS).
Level of Study:
The scholarships awarded under Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS) are for PhD students who want to pursue their PhD from the top ranked universities of the world.
Field of Study:
The allocation of the scholarships awarded under Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS) will be as follows:
- 80 % scholarships are reserved for science disciplines
- 20% of scholarships are reserved for Social Sciences/Humanities & Arts.
The students fulfilling the below described terms and conditions are only eligible for this scholarship:
- The applicant must hold the valid PhD admission offer from one of the top 50 (subject wise) ranked universities of the world. The world universities ranking must be according to the QS ranking (http://www.topuniversities.com/subject-rankings/2016) in the preferred subject area. (http://www.peef.org.pk/pdf/SSMS/List-of-Subject-Areas.pdf)
- The applicant does not have marks less than 60% throughout their whole academic career.
- The declared monthly income of the family including self, spouse and parents must be equal to or less than 200,000 PKR.
- The maximum age of the applicant must be less than 25 years on 31st March 2017.
- The applicant has not got any of the foreign scholarship in the past.
- The scholarship must be taken in the year in which it is offered. The scholarship will not be deferred to the next year in any case.
- All the applicants holding Pakistani nationality are eligible to apply. These scholarships awarded under Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS) are for both the male and female students.
- The existing permanent, regular faculty members of public sector teaching or educational institutions of Pakistan are not eligible to apply for Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS).
How to Apply:
Along with the properly filled application form the following supporting documents must be provided:
- The applicant must have to provide a copy of valid admission offer for PhD for fall 2017 intake.
- The attested copy of Computerised National Identity Card CNIC.
- The applicant must have to provide a copy of Passport.
- The attested copies of all educational testimonials will be provided along with the application form.
- The updated and recent most CV/Resume of the candidate.
- A copy of Synopsis/ Research Proposal must be submitted by the applicant.
- Income affidavit on legal paper (sample attached with application form).
- All the copies of last paid utility bills (electricity, gas, and phone).
- Attested copy of domicile.
- Copy of previous months’ pay slips (self/parents/guardian if applicable).
- Three passport size photographs with blue background.
- Any other supporting document required to substantiate the facts given in the application form.
The PhD scholarships awarded under Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS) will be closed on 31st March 2017.