Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in IHS Austria 2017
The Institute of Advance Studies Vienna, Austria (IHS) invites the talented and highly motivated international students for the scholarships award. The Institute of Advance Studies Vienna, Austria (IHS) scholarship award is for the students who want to pursue their PhD degree from The Institute of Advance Studies Vienna, Austria (IHS). The successful candidate of The Institute of Advance Studies Vienna, Austria (IHS) scholarships will be supervised by the highly experienced scholar Katrin Auel or Guido Tiemann, depending on their research proposal. The Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS) is located in Vienna, Austria. The Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS) is located in Vienna, Austria is founded in 1963 under the auspices of two former Austrian scholars of world renown, Paul F. Lazarsfeld and Oskar Morgenstern with funds from the Ford Foundation, the Institute for Advanced Studies Vienna (IHS) is today funded by the Austrian government and by other public organizations. The Institute for Advanced Studies Vienna, Austria (IHS) brings together high-level expertise from economists, sociologists, and political scientists to address fundamental economic and social problems and policy choices.
At Institute for Advanced Studies Vienna (IHS) there are currently 11 research groups established at the Institute; they provide the basis for interdisciplinary research on topics such as health, labour market, European integration, and education. In total, the research groups cover a large range of topics, methods, and disciplines. The group’s research projects are built on the study of locations and regions, expressing the economic importance of a region, sector, company or public institution in regional, national and global value chains. This includes the reflection of other matters such as innovation, tourism, culture, foreign trade, and infrastructure. For these purposes IHS use mathematical economic methods such as the multi-regional input-output model produced by the group, methods of Operations Research (e.g. Data Envelopment Analysis) and many bench marking and optimization methods. In order to find the best possible solution to a problem, the most adequate scientific methods are used or developed.
The scholarship award of Institute of Advance Studies Vienna in Austria will cover the following expenses of the successful applicants from all over the world:
- All the successful candidates will be awarded salary 2.052 Euro gross / month, 14 times per year and 600 Euros mobility allowance
- An additional family allowance will be awarded to the successful candidate if he/ she will be accompanied by family, spouse and/or children.
- All the successful candidates will enjoy academically stimulating working environment as well as dynamic, integrated and international research community
- All the successful candidates will get pension benefits and welfare benefits under the Austrian Public Service Pension Fund scheme.
Level of Study:
The Institute of Advance Studies Vienna, Austria (IHS) scholarship award is for the students who want to pursue their PhD degree from The Institute of Advance Studies Vienna, Austria (IHS).
Field of Study:
The Institute of Advance Studies Vienna, Austria (IHS) scholarship award is for the students who want to pursue their PhD degree from The Institute of Advance Studies Vienna, Austria (IHS) in Political Science.
The applicants have to fulfil the following defined terms and condition in order to be considered as eligible for this scholarship award:
- The applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these HIS scholarships.
- The applicant must have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience or researchers in possession of a doctoral degree.
- The researcher must not have worked or resided in Austria for more than 12 months within the past 3 years at the time of the deadline for submission of proposals.
- The interested applicants in HIS scholarships must have their Master’s degree in political science, media studies, sociology, political (democratic) theory or a related social science discipline which possess at least two years of study at MA level and an MA thesis.
- The candidates must have submitted their master’s thesis before the application deadline. It is compulsory for all the applicants interested in taking up the position is the successful completion of a master’s degree.
- The applicants must have strong academic record and English proficiency certificates if they are not native English speakers.
How to Apply:
All the interested candidates in HIS Political science PhD scholarships have to send email to:
Verena Karlsson; (karlsson-at-ihs.ac.at).
Along with the application form all the supporting documents must be attached in order to refrain from rejection which is as follows:
- Letter of motivation.
- Research proposal.
- Recommendation letters.
- Copy of all academics transcripts.
The application and all supporting documents must be provided in English.
The deadline for these HIS scholarships award is 31st January 2017.
Click Apply Now button below